martes, 3 de mayo de 2016

Día Mundial del Libro: escriben los alumnos (V)

A dream for freedom

Matías Díaz Cantón, 2º B

Dear diary,

The night is dark, although there are some stars in the sky. For me, it is the darkest night in my life.

My name is Fatena, I’m six years old and I’m the youngest of a Syrian family. I’m from Damascus. Although I’m a kid, my life has never been normal.

Four years ago, an armed conflict began with anti-government protests but the violence went up and the conflict ended up in a civil war. Since then, my life has been miserable. My father has lost his job, I could never attend school as my brothers and sisters did. Sometimes we couldn’t eat food for two days. Instead of music, we listen to the bombs exploding and the guns shooting their bullets. Many of my family members have already died. My father has been trying to resist the idea of leaving Syria. He’s whole life is here but the situation is catastrophic.

Today we are leaving our past behind, hoping there’s a new life for us. I’m terrified. I can hardly breathe. We are heading for Greece. We don’t know if we will make it because we have already heard of many families in the same situation that ended up in a fatal situation.



I have mixed feelings, fear and hope. I can only pray and ask god to please help my family and me. We only dream for freedom and peace.

No hay comentarios: